Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Couple Blasts from the past

These are a few paintings I had done a couple years ago that were a big step in motivating me to do the kind of work I do now.

This one was inspired by geometric shapes and equations, and is portraying the concept of paint vs. line. Because of the pastel colors, I like to call this one; "Would you like some whipped cream with that?" (Oil on Canvas 30"x40")


I painted this with one my dearest friends Emma Rose Laughlin! It was a live painting for Iguanas open mic night, and its called; "Fatty Freckles and Twinkletoes"
(Acrylic and mixed media on canvas 48"x48")


This is one of my favorites, and is currently hanging at Satori Tea Co. downtown! Its based off of Rorschach Blots, so for the process I made over 100 ink blots (below are my favorites) and then chose one to base the painting off of. I went with a more circular-ribcage-esque one.
(Oil and sprinkles on canvas 24"x48")


No comments:

Post a Comment